Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

an update (perth, boyfriend, uni)

I'm not very good at this blogging thing, am I? Oh dear, it has been a long time! I think from now on I'm just not going to promise anything and instead write when I write. But hello all! How have we been? I've been doing so much stuff recently that for a while I didn't sit still. My last couple of weeks in Tasmania were full of catch ups and packing and boring organisation. However, I'm now in Perth!

Sunny glorious Perth! It is so wonderful here, and I'm so glad I made the decision to move to this city. It's so familiar and homely, but still large enough to be interesting. Not to mention, they have so many make up brands available to me that I couldn't get back home. I'm currently living with my grandmother and her absolutely gorgeous dog Penny. Truth be told, I'm in love with her already.

Sorry for the terrible quality, but isn't she gorgeous??

Luke and I are now in a long distance relationship, which honestly sucks. We have been together for over three years now, and in that entire time we've been living twenty minutes apart, which the longest time spent apart being two weeks. So it's certainly different! Luckily, we have FaceTime and unlimited texting, but it's just not the same as being physically with each other. The worst part is there isn't a date we can count down to as Luke doesn't know when he'll be able to move over.

As for university, I am officially enrolled after a thousand and one issues regarding what course, what units, and other things that should be simple but really weren't. I am doing a Bachelor of Speech Pathology, but to do the units I wanted in semester two I had to enrol in a BA in Psychology. All a bit too confusing, hey? Luckily it's all out of the way now. I'm so excited to start! The actual university is gorgeous. It's so big there's a lake in the middle of it. They also have a GP, counsellor, hairdresser, pizza place, tavern, optometrist, multi-faith church, fully equipped gym, and at least five different eateries/coffee shops. It's amazing. The best part is that it's so easy to get to. There's a bus stop outside my street, which takes me to the train station, and then there's a free shuttle from the train station to the university. It sounds complicated but it's very straightforward and only takes about 40 minutes overall. Very different to Tasmania!

The area the university is in is also super modern, with heaps of accommodation and a giant shopping centre. And at the end of August, H&M is opening its first store in WA! I am definitely going to the opening! It's most likely this is where Luke and I will move to when we get our first place together.

All in all I'm nicely settled in, I just need to find a job. I managed to get a couple of job interviews but they were unsuccessful (Thursday is late shopping night, and I have an evening lecure - boo), so I'm still searching. However, it's not like I'm not trying. Believe me, I've handed in close to fifty applications. Fingers crossed, it's all waiting now!

I've got a few posts coming up in the next few weeks, I think I'll generally be posting on Thursdays from now on. Thank you to everyone who follows me, and I hope you don't hate me too much for leaving for so long!

Love you all,
xx Silje

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!