Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

life lately vol. 1

Hey folks! This is just a short one today as I have a lot of photos but not very long stories to go with them, so I thought I could compile them here. One of the things I love doing is taking photos, not necessarily as a photography type thing (I leave that to my very talented boyfriend) but to keep a visual journal of memories. I'm horrible at journalling, with entries usually being one a day for a week while I'm feeling inspired which then turns to every other month if I feel like it/remember, and my memory is shocking, so I find having a collection of photos a little pleasure.

Since November last year I've been using the Collect photo app as a photo-journal, and I'm completely loving it. It's a super simple layout and really cute and easy to use. I know I'm sounding like an advertisement (I promise I'm not getting paid to say this!), but this really is such a great way to store photos and memories.

On to some moments of the past month!

My boyfriend and I went to The Taste of Tasmania, and this was our dessert, lemon curd tart and raspberry tart - amazingly delicious! // My friend C, who I've mentioned on this blog a few times now, recently got her driver's license, so of course we went driving around and parked at the beach. However, because of the drizzly weather we decided to stay in the car. // The cutest little cafe called The Sweet Hut. All their stuff looked so amazing! I went for a mango pudding while my sister grabbed herself a banoffee pie milkshake (which I can say was pretty awesome, having snuck a couple of sips myself).

All the big chainstores I've been to have been stocking back to school items, and this is the first year that I haven't needed to, which honestly made me a little sad. So I decided to treat myself to an art book and some watercolours. Needless to say, I'm still getting the hang of it. // An absolutely gorgeous breakfast of garlicky mushrooms on toast with a side of fresh summer berries under a bright blue sky. What more could you ask for? // Finally got a diary for 2015! I ordered one online back in December but my payment mustn't have gone through because I never received it... However, I think I like this one even more! Sky blue and gold is a gorgeous combination, and the pages are filled with quotes, recipes, and beautiful illustrations.

Flower picking around my backyard ended up looking much better than I thought it would! // This chocolate is quite possibly one of the yummiest things ever. Even better, it's organic and fair-trade. Woohoo! // Made myself quite the yummy lunch, which is beginning to reappear more and more. New staple meal? Move over Mexican quinoa, rainbow salad is here.

If you want to see some more of my daily snaps, head over to my Instagram page or search me @faunaloublog. I promise there'll be lots of pretty pictures! You can also find me on other social media websites by clicking on the icons in the sidebar.

xx Silje | Fauna Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!