Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

8 Positive Things!



1) I've taken up the Couch-to-5K challenge, which trains you to eventually be able to do a 5 kilometre run over the course of a few weeks. I've done a bit of running in the past but it's always been a summer thing that I give up once the weather gets too cold. Hopefully I can keep committed to this!

2) On a similar note, I downloaded a yoga app and a meditation app the other day. I occasionally engage in a sun salutation now and then but I'm far from a yogi, so I thought this might help me. I also suffer from a fair share of anxiety, and I've heard a lot about meditation helping combat that.

3) A productive day .. although not quite for the best. I am most likely the world's best procrastinator, so instead of studying, I cleaned the entire house. Well, not entire, but the kitchen, bathroom, front room, and living/dining room. I also vacuumed. And to think I'll be having to do this all the time once I move out?!

4) Chocolate. I had massive chocolate cravings the other day and let my mother know, who subsequently arrived a few minutes later with a giant bar of marvellous creations. Gotta love the mumsy.

5) An afternoon of cards with my boyfriend. He came over yesterday for a lazy day and we ended up spending the afternoon playing cards. He's a terribly sore loser though! Despite him winning all but two rounds, he lost so spectacularly once that I still managed to win overall!

6) Christmas carols - is it too early? I know the answer is yes, but I can't help it, I love them! I'm listening to them as I write this out, oops.

7) Lighting candles around the house. I've always loved candles - the flickering lights, the cosy atmosphere, the delicious scents - and after cleaning the house they just made the living room that much better.

8) The big, hot bath I'm going to have tonight. I have my Lush bath bomb ready and waiting by the side of the tub.

What's been making you happy lately?

If you're interested in any of the apps I downloaded you can find them here:
Couch-to-5K
DailyYoga
Smiling Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!