Pages

Tuesday 11 November 2014

A trip to the Botanical Gardens

I love the Botanical Gardens. They're always so full of colour and greenness (not a word I know), and just make me happy. I love all the different types of gardens, my favourites being the Japanese and the ferns. The Japanese garden is so beautiful and different to our Western culture, with ponds and bridges and little stone statues - I find it so interesting. The ferns are like a fairy garden, I keep expecting to see a pair of tiny silvery wings!

My boyfriend and I went on a trip last summer to the Gardens and I came across photos we had taken. It was the perfect day, not too hot but nice and sunny. We had a picnic for lunch and spent the rest of the day strolling around in the lovely sunshine. Here a few photos I had to share!

 Fern garden, or fairy garden as I prefer.

Gorgeous little pond - spot the ducks! 

A beautiful mix of colours 

 Stone figurine in the Japanese garden

Waterfall

What's your local Botanical Gardens like? Feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!