Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

Summer Reading List

Since there'll be no more school to think about or look forward to (at least until I start uni), I'm going to have so much more time for reading! Now that's definitely something to look forward to. Last summer I bought a whole stack of books but only managed to tackle half of them, so I have a list that I'm ready and waiting to stick my nose in.

This is the book I bought last week and had a sneak preview of. I've decided to wait until after exams to properly start it but it's going to be first on the agenda! Read my last post if you want a bit more information on it.

This is a very popular read that I've yet to buy, although I've wanted to for a while. I'm a sucker for light romance fiction, and this seems like something fun to read. If it's a best seller then surely that means something, right?!

I bought this one last summer after wanting to read it for a while, but I never even opened it! It's just been sitting gathering dust on my bedside table. I'm not very good at reading classics, as I like to speed through books but the language slows me down. However, I am very interested to read this, and hope the old style language won't be too hard for my simple mind!

One that I started last summer and stopped halfway through. It's not that it was a bad book, I was just simply bored of reading one plot at a time and decided to move on to the next one. From what I read it was really fascinating and beautifully written. I have to admit I was drawn in from the cover - the background is a lot like brown wrapping paper, and the blue border and circle is actually very shimmery and reflective in real life.

Another classic, although I don't have a hard copy version. Despite my strong dislike for paper books going out of fashion, I caved in and bought an eBook for my kindle app on my phone. Classics are free on Amazon.com, so I thought I may as well take advantage of that. I do want to finish this book, although it's more something I'll read when I'm bored and all I have is my phone (and no wifi).

Another one I started reading last summer - oops! The reason I stopped reading halfway through is exactly the same as the last one. I bought it with The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and decided to read it first so I could save the best until last (I'd been waiting to read The Book Thief a while), but my impatience got the better of me and I was too immersed to care about this one. I'm excited to start again though!

What do you have planned for your summer? Or winter, if you're in the northern hemisphere? I've decided mine will be nice and lazy after a stressful school year - lots of reading, writing, catching up with friends, weekends away, and enjoying the sun. Hopefully I'll be saving up lots of money as I'm planning to go away with my boyfriend to Europe next year!

Feel free to comment and have a chat. I'll always be here to reply! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!