Pages

Saturday 20 December 2014

chi chi nudes

I admit that while I love make up, I don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I'm trying to save up for a trip to Europe, university, and moving out of home, so that doesn't leave much left over. This is why, when it comes to makeup, dupes are such a great idea. Sometimes I'll splurge, such as a Napoleon Perdis lipstick I bought for my formal, or if I'm receiving a gift I'll hint at a specific brand/style/palette *cough, Naked 2, cough*, but if I've heard of a dupe, then I'm heading for it!

I heard via the blogosphere (I'm sorry, but I can't remember where!) that the brand Chi Chi had a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked palette, and as I have Naked 2 and don't feel like I need to buy two very expensive palettes, I decided to go with Chi Chi's Nudes palette.



Shades from L-R, first one virtually invisible

Shades 1-6

Shades 7-12

My top 3: 2 (pink shimmer), 10 (purple-brown shimmer), and 5 (brown matte)

Overall, I would say this is quite good as a drugstore brand. It has nice, sleek packaging, and has a good selection of colours, however the quality and pigment is not fantastic. I wouldn't recommend it for long-lasting wear, but it's fun to play around with, especially for make up newbies. At an RRP of AUD$22.95 it's less than half the price of the Naked palette, so I say go for it!

Some other dupes I love:
Maybelline FitMe Concealer = NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
NYX Eyeshadow Base = Urban Decay Primer Potion

What are some dupes you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!