Pages

Sunday 21 December 2014

countdown to christmas: gingerbread

I don't know about you but I love the smell of gingerbread. To me, it just smells like Christmas - cinnamon, cardamom, sweet and spicy scents. That's why making gingerbread feels so festive to me. We always blast Christmas carols while baking the day away and it's just so cosy. While I'd rather be in my grandmother's kitchen with the snow fluttering down outside, I had to make do with a 24 degree Saturday (what a pity) thanks to living in the southern hemisphere.

My boyfriend had come to stay for the night and so following a well-deserved sleep in, we got up and I forced him into we made gingerbread! My mother already had the recipe book out so after a little translation I got out the beloved ingredients.


Everybody has their own recipe out there, so I'll spare you the list and instead leave you with some photos!







And here are the final products (some very fine gif-making ahead)!




Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!